Saturday, February 4, 2012

Godot - Best Filmed Version (IMHO) ... Enjoy


"With Samuel Beckett ... one enters a world in which there is no contradictory sense of the self in its 'health and validity' to mitigate despair, terror, and boredom of existence. In such a way, the two tramps who wait for Godot are condemned to live."

(R.D. Laing ... "The Divided Self: An Existential Study in Sanity and Madness")
I realize this is much (very much) longer than most clips I have posted in the past. But I is an amazing piece. Is it legal to post this in its entirety? I really don't know. But it was on U-tube. And all I can say is that if this filmed version of Waiting for Godot intrigues you, I suggest you rent (or buy, if you can) the entire series, "Beckett on Film." I'd provide a link, but my linking skills are rusty at this point. I found the multi-disk series on Netflex. I have also been told that many public libraries also have it to lend ... so, again. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment